Wednesday, May 6, 2009

games and youtubevideos

well now for a post about games..
dont get excited im talking about study games.

my #1 pick is JRPG
its a fun little game to learn the pronunciations of the kana and kanji.
its a simple game but its really entertaining.. warning this game makes time fly so make sure that if you have to be somewhere that you set an alarm.. also this program and windows vista dont get along. its too bad because my next pick just isnt as fun for me..

my #2 pick is knuckles in chinaland
well this one is not as good in my opinion as JRPG.. its well made but i still like the other one better.. this game is a bit more complicated than JRPG.. oh and the name doesnt mean that it teaches chinese.. it teaches japanese.. so far im still on katakana in the game.. which is one of the reasons im unhappy with it.. it just isnt fast paced enough for me.. i hate the wandering around.. well supposedly it gets better as you advance in it.. its entertaining enough.. i do like how you can save your progress.

my #3 pick rossetta stone..
2 minutes in and you understand what i mean when i say its boring.. its pretty good if you can force yourself to use it.. i find it difficult to make myself do it..


my #4 pick slime forest
this one so far only teaches the meanings of the kanji.. i suppose it was fun for the first week or so.. its really not a bad way to drill the meanings.. but i dont play it anymore


ugh i wish i could remember the names of the other games ive tried

oh well on to youtube people

lets learn japanese (the youtube person not the video course i mentioned earlier)
expertvillage this teacher really explains things well.. i want to watch every video with her in it because she teaches very well.. she even pauses when she says to say something and then says 'good' after.. it really keeps me motivated.. i know that its recorded like that but it really feels like interaction with a real teacher.. she is by far my favorite
twlight76 here is a youtuber who's vids i sometimes watch right before i study the kanji on RevTK.. it goes to fast to really learn anything fropm but it sometimes helps to warm up my brain before exerting it.
speaking of videos that act as a warm up for my brain this one actually helps better as a warm up.. im not sure how it does it but after i watch it my reviews are always a higher percentage correct than when i dont watch it.. i would love to know why it works out like that..

so yeah thats all my tired brain can come up with today

No comments:

Post a Comment